Many remember the ransomware attack that hit the City of Atlanta in March of this year. While we all know that it was bad, you may not realize how bad it was.
- They lost ALL City of Atlanta Police dash cam video.
- The City Attorney went from 77 computers to only 6 working computers during the attack.
- It cost $2.7 million to stop the attack. It'll cost almost $10 million to recover what can be fixed.
- You can add to this cost the value of lost records and time.
- The cost in public confidence that was shaken during this attack.
If you have not planned for this scenario, add it to your to-do list. It is just as important as planning for a natural disaster or fire.
Check out https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/06/11/city-of-atlanta-needs-9-5m-to-fund-fallout-from.html for more info about the Atlanta ransomware costs.